Thursday, October 13, 2011

The Journey to 26.2 Miles Started this WEEK!

I've run on open fields in the middle of Arkansas, along the ocean on both coasts, along the beaches of the Mediterranean Sea, from the Eiffel Tower to the Louvre Museum along the Champs Elysee...( going under the Arc de Triumph, around the crazy city streets of NEW YORK, the winding country roads in Wine Country, the isolated virgin beaches on islands in the Caribbean, on mountains trails in the states, or slippery snowy paths on the Alps, around historic monuments like the Coliseum in Rome to the drowning city of Venice... among milllions of miles in other places.

I've used my legs to tour every city I've ever visited....created unforgetable memories with friends all over...

In 2009 I ran my FIRST Half Marathon....NOW, this January, I will use my legs to tour 26.2 miles of the city that I grew up in, MIAMI; The Miami ING Marathon; January 29,2012.


As I'm writing this, I'm nervous...because it will mean that i'm committing to racing in 16 weeks...2x the furthest distance I've ever raced. I will be racing for one mile for every year of my life. I'll be 26.1 years old on RACE DAY =)

I have my training plan printed from Runner's World (SMART COACH)...and only the coming weeks will tell how prepared I will be for this race. The reason i'm sharing this is not only because I need to SHARE IT...to force me to COMMIT, but because I know that setting fitness goals for ourselves as moms is often difficult...since we have SO MANY VIABLE and REASONABLE excuses to NOT be able to get out for a run or get a 30-45min workout in, let alone a 10-15mile run. But I do think that Nico is at a place where he is ready to take on this challenge with ME, in the stroller of course...he's start training next year...=)
However...there are times when you have to JUST DO IT!

If any of you have been teeter tottering with the IDEA of doing a Half or FULL Marathon and want to join me...LET ME KNOW!! I can email you some great sources for training tips and training planning. It would be great to know of someone else who's in this process as well!

If you are in the process of training for a race, or have already completed a Marathon...please share your tips! I'd love to hear how you did it...and how you got over the straight up FEAR of committing to 26.2 miles!

Like with everything in life...no matter how long, big, or difficult an objective/goal/situation may seem, you'll get through it ONE STEP at a time....So TAKE THE FIRST STEP (STRIDE)!

Happy Training!

No comments:

Post a Comment