Thursday, September 29, 2011

A CLEAN fix to sneaking a workout into your LAUNDRY day

As with everyday, there are way to many things on the To-DO List from the second you wake up. If, on top of the usual stuff, your child threw up the night before....then add a couple hundred more things to that list.

Well that's how my day got started... I realized that my 30 minute run was going to be quickly pushed into the "i'll get to it later" pile since I had vomited sheets, crib guard, carpet, my clothes, Nico's PJs, towels plus the rest of our week's laundry to do thismorning before "working" for a couple hours on my book and then picking my son up from Daycare! Just writing that sentence made me tired.

But the reason I am writing this post is because I got a BRILLIANT IDEA... It's probably not new or earth shattering but it was a simple fix to my problem! I decided that since I needed to wait 30 minutes while the clothes washes before putting it in the dryer, I was going to go for a 30min RUN! And so I DID; a quite lovely run, I might add. 32 minutes later I changed the clothes into the dryer and came home to continue chipping at that To-Do List (aka- write this post).

SIDE NOTE:Now I know some of you may be wondering--why did you GO do laundry? Those of you who have the luxury of having an in-home washer and dryer, you don't understand, but for the rest of you how have to pick a LAUNDRY DAY to walk your stuff over to the laundry room and wait for 30 minutes then change your clothes to the dryer and wait an hour to pick up your clothes, fold them and then walk back to your apartment....THIS IS A GREAT WAY TO INCORPORATE SOME EXERCISE INTO THAT ROUTINE!

If running isn't your thing, there are lots of other options for you. In my article: Take 10 minutes for yourself on Examiner.com you can find some other options like short workouts from a BootCamp4 Moms site or even a list of 10 minutes of ABS that you can do.

Let's face it, we have to make our health a PRIORITY...which is hard-I know. But if we don't take care of ourselves, how are we going to take care of our families?

So next Laundry Day...
Get those workout shoes on and go get your sweat-on!

No comments:

Post a Comment